Photography competition: terms and conditions
Submitting an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of the following terms and conditions.
All information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of these terms and conditions.
- The Choose Cumbria photography competition is open to residents of the UK, except for employees of Choose Cumbria, their families or anyone else associated with this competition.
- The competition is open to people aged 18 years and over.
- The judge’s decision on the three winners of the competition will be final.
- Entries should be submitted via Twitter. Entrants must tweet their photograph, tagging @ChooseCumbria, and the hashtag most relevant to their image content out of either #theplacetolive #theplacetovisit #theplacetodobusiness
- Minor digital manipulations are acceptable, but please keep these to a minimum so that the submitted picture is a true representation of the scene as it was when captured.
- Entries should not feature any infringing, threatening, abusive, obscene or pornographic content and not contain any personally identifiable information about you or others.
- All photos submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them, who must also be the copyright-holder. Each entrant is responsible for ensuring any image they submit has been taken with the permission of the subject and does not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws.
- By submitting an entry, you are granting Choose Cumbria, Cumbria Tourism and Cumbria LEP permission to feature your image on their websites, and any other websites or promotional materials connected to this competition, although all copyright for the image remains with the respective entrant. This permission is granted without any cost implications to Choose Cumbria, Cumbria Tourism and Cumbria LEP.
- By submitting an entry, you are also granting Choose Cumbria, Cumbria Tourism and Cumbria LEP permission to adapt or manipulate your image in any way for use in their marketing campaign, across all digital platforms, print, or outdoor advertising spaces.
- By submitting an entry, youare also granting public and private sector organisations across Cumbria permission to use the images as part of a campaign linked to the Local Industrial Strategy.
- All entries must be received by the advertised closing date of midnight on 31st May, 2018.
- The winners will be announced and featured in a blog post and on social media within 60 days of the closing date.
- The winner will receive a bottle of Kendal Mint Cake Liqueur, as well as the opportunity to have their photograph displayed at Manchester Airport as part of a marketing campaign to promote Cumbria.
- All prizes are non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives.
- Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of Choose Cumbria, Cumbria Tourism and Cumbria LEP, and accordingly may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion. The entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to Choose Cumbria, Cumbria Tourism and Cumbria LEP if this occurs.
- This competition is being run within the guidelines set out by Twitter regarding competitions on their networks and is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter.