Project Quantity Surveyor/ Senior Quantity Surveyor
Building our Cumbrian Team
Solomons Europe consider Cumbria home. Since opening our first office in Cumbria in 2012, we have established long-term, key account partnerships spanning Renewables, Process, Utilities, Nuclear, Civils and Defence projects. With four of our main Board Directors calling Cumbria home, we can truly say this special place has captured our hearts as well as our mind. We are now looking to attract a high performing team of Project Quantity Surveyors to live, work and train in Cumbria to support our growth plans, which include establishing a new office in the “energy hub” of West Cumbria, in addition to our current base near Kendal.
We are different at Solomons Europe. There are no glass ceilings and the opportunity to fast-track your development is in your own hands. A dedicated talent team is on hand to help our people reach their career aspirations. Bespoke training and career development plans are aligned to Client project deliverables. When you feel ready, you may elect to embark upon a focused programme of CPD, become a Chartered professional, or commit to the challenge of distance learning post-graduate study. As an RICS accredited practice, we have structured Associate and APC programmes in place.
As a Project Quantity Surveyor / Senior Quantity Surveyor, you will be assigned to work with one of Solomons Tier 1 EPC or Specialist Sub Contractors operating in the region. Working as a standalone Surveyor or as part of one of our integrated Solomons Project Commercial teams, you will be fully conversant with all contract administration and project control aspects. You should be able to provide advice on management of both main contract and key subcontract packages, procurement and project change in disciplines such as Mechanical & Electrical and Civil Engineering works, on major NEC3 or FIDIC based contracts.
Applying for this job
Please visit Or apply now at: http://www.solomonseurope.com/careers_employment/ for further information on applying for this job.
As an experienced Quantity Surveyor, you will:
- Be educated to degree level or equivalent in Quantity Surveying BSc (HNC / HND qualified and experienced candidates with the relevant skills and background may be considered)
- Be adaptable and able to work under industry standard construction forms of contracts including NEC3, FIDIC, ICE and/or IChemE.
- Be commercially aware and skilled at project commercial reporting (CVR’s, Subcontract Management, Procurement, etc.)
- Have proven experience in the process engineering sectors including Nuclear / Power & Energy / Oil & Gas / Renewable / Utilities or Pharmaceutical Industries
- Able to train and supervise others in all project QS skills and be an open, supportive and committed member of the team
- Be a self motivated individual, with the ability to build strong team and client relationships at all levels and in meeting and exceeding client/team expectations – willing to ‘go the extra mile’ to achieve a successful outcome
- Strive to find solutions and solve problems in day to day project challenges and issues to put smiles on faces at all levels of the project team
- Have a full UK driving license (essential due to the locations of Client sites and Solomons Offices)
- Highly Competitive Salary
- BMW Company Car or Car Allowance
- 25 days’ holiday (plus 8 bank holidays)
- Personalised Training & Development Programme to develop management and technical skills to promote career progression
- A free weeks’ Lake District Holiday per year in our executive lodge for the family
- Participation on Health and Wellbeing initiatives including our 10,000 steps daily challenge and outdoor family events.
- Westfield Health Cash Plan (includes cover for your Children)
- Up to 5% contributory pension
- Authorised Overtime – Hours above 40 hours are at a time, plus one third (subject to client approval)
- Overnight Allowance per night (when working away from home) - £40 (£20 tax free + £20 taxable)
- Professional subscriptions and course sponsorship
If you would like to join a team of 50 enthusiastic committed professionals, please apply.
To find out more contact our talent team:
Dawn Powell – email@example.com
Victoria Clements – Victoria.firstname.lastname@example.org