Low Level Waste Operator
The Low Level Waste Repository (LLWR) has been in operation for over 50 years providing an essential service by managing the UK’s low level radioactive waste.
Under the management of UKNWM which consists of AECOM, one of the world’s largest firms in the construction and engineering sector, Studsvik UK, who provide recognised expertise in the treatment and management of nuclear waste and Areva, the world’s largest nuclear service provider.
We manage the national Low Level Waste Repository in West Cumbria and oversee a national Low Level Waste programme to ensure that lower activity waste is managed effectively on behalf of the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority.
Nothing is more important to LLWR than safety, and this is reflected in our safety record. We believe that nothing is more important than the protection of the environment and the health and safety of our employees, suppliers and the public. LLWR has shown a commitment to consistently improve its approach to safety management and learn from Best Practice, inside and outside the nuclear sector.
This presents an exciting opportunity for individuals to make a real difference and substantial contribution to a focused long term profitable business with significant potential for future development and growth. We are committed to ensuring that people who join LLW Repository Ltd feel well treated and confident about their future.
Low Level Waste Operations Team Member, providing day to day support for the safe and efficient running of the LLW Repository site and Emergency Response for on-site incidents.
- Unloading transport vehicles using Fork Lift Trucks of various capacities
- Movement of loads using articulated transport vehicles
- Monitoring of operating plant and responding to alarms
- Taking and dispatching site samples Processing of Radioactive and non-radioactive wastes Dismantling of redundant plant
- Control room operations
- Refuelling of fixed and mobile plant items
- Emergency Response Team member
- General site housekeeping duties
Essential Skills / Qualifications
- Possess Security Check clearance, or able to attain SC clearance
- Capable of achieving Monitored Worker Status
- Capable of passing the Confined Space and enclosed suit medicals
- Full UK legal driving licence Must be able to wear respiratory protection
Desirable Skills /Qualifications
- Experience operating large Fork Lift Trucks or heavy plant
- Good attention to detail
- Demonstrable ability to work within teams
- Self-motivated- able to work unsupervised, following instructions
- Supervises Reports to None LLW Operations Team Leader
Further Information Barry Goodwin- Operatons Team Leader 019467 24862 Russell Beckwith – LLW Operations Manager 019467
Applying for this job
Please visit http://llwrsite.com/careers/current-vacancies/ for further information on applying for this job.