LLW Repository Ltd is a waste management company that provides services to Customers to treat and dispose of low level radioactive waste.
Under the management of UKNWM a consortium made up of URS, Studsvik UK and AREVA we manage the national Low Level Waste Repository in West Cumbria and oversee a national Low Level Waste programme to ensure that lower activity waste is managed effectively on behalf of the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority.
We believe that nothing is more important than the protection of the environment and the health and safety of our employees, suppliers and the public.
This presents an exciting opportunity for individuals to make a real difference and substantial contribution to a focused long term profitable business with significant potential for future development and growth.
We are committed to ensuring that people who join LLW Repository Ltd feel well treated and confident about their future.
To lead the implementation of asset management programme arrangements required to support LLWR operations and projects.
- Lead the development and implementation of Asset Management Plans across the LLWR starting with business critical asset and proceeding on a prioritised basis.
- Support the development, implementation and ongoing maintenance of asset management arrangements.
- Lead the development and communication of the Asset Management Policy and Strategy.
- Serve as the point of contact for liaison with the NDA, regulators and other stakeholders in connection with asset management topics and related Performance Based Incentives (PBIs).
- Act as Intelligent Customer (IC) for external asset management resources. Establish asset management related supply chain requirements and lead asset management supply chain engagement strategies.
- Promote and facilitate best practice and the sharing of asset management LFE across LLWR.
- Facilitate the delivery of asset management related awareness and core competence training of LLWR staff.
- Participate in industry and asset management forums and working groups for the purpose of learning and sharing best practice.
- Develop, maintain and report on Asset Management Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) including an Asset Management Dashboard.
- Chair the LLWR Asset Management Working Group and support the Asset Risk Sentencing and Asset Management Governance Committees.
- Support the close-out of Asset Management/ Engineering related actions and audits.
- Support the development and maintenance of configuration baselines and design bases within the Asset Management/ Engineering area.
- Ensuring all work is carried out in accordance with the Engineering Management System and Asset Management suite of documents.
- Participation in engineering study meetings, design reviews, HAZOPs, HAZCONs, Design Authority Technical Reviews, Document Review Committees, as required.
- Engineering graduate (min 2:2) from an accredited institution in a relevant discipline or equivalent appropriate professional qualification.
- At least 5 years relevant experience in the operation and maintenance of plant and equipment and the associated processes and procedures.
- Broad knowledge of industry consensus standards, processes, procedures and methods relevant to asset management together with full understanding of underlying principles.
- Accredited by an appropriate professional institution (e.g. Institute of Asset Management) or capable of achieving Chartership and working toward that objective.
- Proven ability to manage and prioritise own workload against multiple stakeholders and competing priorities.
- Can demonstrate having the ability to engage and impact on others and work effectively as part of a wider team.
- Ability to ensure minimum standards and fundamental process requirements are maintained when under pressure to deliver and ability to challenge others at all levels of the organisation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
Applying for this job
Please send an email to email@example.com quoting the Choose Cumbria website.